Video: 1st trailer to Terrence Malick’s Oklahoma-made film “To the Wonder” debuts
The first trailer for “To the Wonder,” a film directed and written by “The Tree of Life” helmer Terrence Malick, who has Bartlesville ties, has debuted, and it’s sure a beauty, with lots of gorgeous shots of vast Oklahoma skies and golden fields.
Filmed in Oklahoma, “To the Wonder” began principal photography in the fall of 2010. The romantic drama stars Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Olga Kurylenko and Javier Bardem, whose voiceover in the trailer is just mesmerizing.
Affleck plays Neil, a man who reconnects with a childhood sweetheart from his hometown after his marriage with a European woman he met in France falls apart.
Malick’s film made its world premiere at the 2012 Venice Film Festival followed shortly by its North American premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival in September.
As previously reported, the film has secured U.S. distribution via Magnolia Pictures and is set for April 2013 release. “To the Wonder” was produced utilizing the 37 percent Oklahoma Film Enhancement Rebate Program administered by the Oklahoma Film & Music Office.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients