Kelli O'Hara to be featured in Marvin Hamlisch tribute airing on New Year's Eve on PBS
Oklahoma native and Broadway star Kelli O’Hara will be among the performers featured in the “Live from Lincoln Center” New Year’s Eve special “One Singular Sensation: Celebrating Marvin Hamlisch” on PBS.
In the Oklahoma City area, the special will air at 7 p.m. Monday on OETA.
A four-time Tony Award nominee, O’Hara was born in Elk City and raised in Edmond. She graduated from Deer Creeks schools and Oklahoma City University. She is currently co-starring with Matthew Broaderick in the Broadway musical “Nice Work if You Can Get It,” which premiered earlier this year.
Here is a synopsis for the PBS special:
The New York Philharmonic rings in 2013 with one singularly sensational night celebrating the life and work of Marvin Hamlisch including appearances by violinist Joshua Bell, Raul Esparza (“Company”) , Michael Feinstein, Maria Friedman (“The Woman In White,: :Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”), Josh Groban, Megan Hilty (NBC’s “Smash”), Audra McDonald, Kelli O’Hara (“South Pacific” and “Light in the Piazza:) and Frederica Von Stade.
As composer, Hamlisch, who died in August, won virtually every major award that exists: three Oscars, four Grammys, four Emmys, a Tony and three Golden Globe awards.
For Broadway he wrote the music for his groundbreaking show, “A Chorus Line,” which received the Pulitzer Prize as well as “They’re Playing Our Song,” “The Goodbye Girl” and “Sweet Smell of Success.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients