Timeline: George Strait, who is bringing his "The Cowboy Rides Away" farewell tour to Oklahoma City Saturday
The King of Country is beginning the end of his reign on the road.
George Strait is opening his aptly named “The Cowboy Rides Away Tour,” which he has said will be his last, Friday night (tonight) with a home-state stop in Lubbock, Texas.
The Country Music Hall of Famer will play the second show on his 2013-14 farewell jaunt Saturday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena, where he has ruled as a top draw since the venue opened back in 2002.
Check out the sweet timeline of the Texas troubadour’s life and career, which The Oklahoman artist Christopher Schoelen designed.
Martina McBride will open for Strait on the 2013 leg of his tour. To read my interview with her, click here.
George Strait’s “The Cowboy Rides Away Tour”
Featuring: Martina McBride.
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, 100 W Reno.
Information: (800) 745-3000 or www.chesapeakearena.com.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients