Interview: Carrie Rodriguez releases new album "Give Me All You Got," playing Sunday at Oklahoma City's Blue Door
From Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman. To read my review of Carrie Rodriguez’s new album “Give Me All You Got,” click here.
Carrie Rodriguez comes into her own with “Give Me All You Got”
The Austin, Texas-based roots singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist is bringing her tour in support of her new album to the Blue Door on Sunday.
“I think a lot of it is age and experience. I mean, I used to dread being in my 30s. I just thought life wouldn’t be as much fun, which is crazy,” Rodriguez, 34, said with a laugh during a recent phone interview from her Austin, Texas, home.
The roots music singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist released Tuesday her new album, “Give Me All You Got.” On Sunday, she and fellow multi-hyphenate Luke Jacobs, who co-wrote three songs and played guitars on the album, are bringing their duo tour in support of the album to one of her favorite venues, the Blue Door.
“That’s a special place. Only one of those in this country,” she said. “I don’t know a lot of other venues that are like that. It’s just got such a homey, chill vibe.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients