Videos: Oklahomans make it through to Hollywood on "American Idol"
As my fine colleague Heather Warlick reported in her live blog, “American Idol” aired clips from its Oklahoma City auditions Thursday night, the final night of audition episodes.
As usual, the “Idol” producers seemed more interested in showing performances that were unusual or heartwarming than in just spotlighting really strong singers.
Still, three performers with Oklahoma ties that appeared on the episode were given their golden tickets to Hollywood and the next round of competition. Ventriloquist Halie Hilburn, a 2008 Oklahoma Christian University graduate from Texas, got giggles for her yodeling and for her canine puppet pal Oscar, but once the judges heard her just sing, they sent her to Hollywood – without Oscar:
Sassy Zoanette Johnson, who lives in Tulsa, sang the national anthem in honor of President Obama’s second term, needed a little help with the words, but her over-the-top performance seemed to speak to Nicki Minaj in particular and gained her a golden ticket:
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients