Toby Keith launching his "Hammer Down Tour" in June
One of the top touring draws of his era, Oklahoma country music superstar Toby Keith is preparing to put the hammer down on a new tour called, appropriately, the “Hammer Down Tour.” Presented by longtime partner Ford F-Series, the run begins on June 8 in Ozark, Ark., according to a news release
High-profile stops include Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Sturgis Buffalo Chip. Prior to the start of the tour, Keith will headline the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, a night at the four-day festival Country Thunder in Florence, Ariz., and a night at the blockbuster Stagecoach festival in Indio, Calif. Forbes’ 2012 top-earning country artist thanks in no small part to his standing-room-only tours, the Norman takes to the road again with dates set through September. Joining him on this party will be special guest Kip Moore.
Touring in support of his current album “Hope On The Rocks,” Keith will bring his acclaimed live show and its breakneck set list of hits, not the least of which is the album’s title track single, “Hope On The Rocks.” Like most of his crowded stable of smashes, the song was written by the man himself.
Keith remains the primary creative force behind a remarkable career that, in 2012, reached new milestones: His “Red Solo Cup” was certified as the biggest viral event in country music history. His 10th annual United Service Organization tour again took him to international hotspots to boost the morale of America’s fighting men and women.
And his “Live In Overdrive Tour” played a succession of packed houses, as its successor will, as well.
Confirmed dates – subject to change – are posted after the break, with more to be added soon. (Although Keith doesn’t typically bring his tour to his home state, in the past couple of years, he has played a few Oklahoma casino shows.)
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients