Download or stream Flaming Lips' "Sun Blows Up Today," from Hyundai Super Bowl commercial
As previously reported, Oklahoma City-based psychedelic rockers and their new super-catchy new jam “Sun Blows Up Today” were featured Sunday in one of my favorite Super Bowl commercials, for the Hyundai Santa Fe.
Titled “Epic Playdate,” the ad depicts The Lips inspiring a family of five to go on an appropriately outrageous adventure involving tough-looking bikers, shenanigans at a natural history museum and dressing as robots.
If, like me, you can’t get enough of “Sun Blows Up Today,” Hyundai is giving fans the chance to stream or download the song for free at www.epicplaydate.com. If you’re a Twitter user, you can authorize the site to send a tweet and unlock the free MP3.
The Lips and Warner Bros. Records recently announced that the band’s long-awaited 13th studio album, “The Terror,” will be released on April 2 in the U.S.
The digital pre-order of “The Terror” begins today through the iTunes Store and other participating digital retailers. All pre-orders include “Sun Blows Up Today,” which was custom-written for the Hyundai ad, as an instant gratification, non-album, bonus track.
Here’s an extended version of the ad:
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients