Oklahoma-bred Rascal Flatts guitarist Joe Don Rooney made honorary Ohioan for a day
Rascal Flatts took their “Change Tour” to Columbus, Ohio over the weekend, the hometown and home state of band members Gary LeVox and Jay DeMarcus. Not wanting to leave out bandmate Joe Don Rooney, the First Lady of Ohio Karen Kasich proclaimed him an honorary “Ohioan” for the day and shared “buckeye” candy with the country music superstars.
The trio’s guitarist, Rooney was born in Baxter Springs, Kan., and raised in Picher.
Rascal Flatts’ “Changed Tour” will continue this weekend in North Charleston, S.C.; Greensboro, N.C.; and Charlottesville, Va. with The Band Perry and Kristen Kelly opening.
The tour includes an Aug. 10 stop at Tulsa’s BOK Center. As previously reported, the Tulsa show was originally scheduled for Jan. 18 but postponed due to illness.
For more information on the Tulsa show, go to www.bokcenter.com.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients