Photo gallery: Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert create a buzz on the Grammys red carpet
Two country music superstars with Oklahoma ties – Checotah native Carrie Underwood and Tishomingo resident Miranda Lambert – generated great buzz with their red carpet looks at Sunday’s 55th Annual Grammy Awards. (To read my Grammys live blog, click here.)
Both wore Roberto Cavalli gowns on the red carpet, although Lambert’s with its high leg slit and plunging neckline was in clear violation of CBS’ infamous Grammy memo forbidding revealing clothing. She was hardly the only rule breaker: The Associated Press detailed some of the violators in this photo gallery/feature.
Underwood didn’t need cleavage to draw the eye: She accessorized her red carpet gown with a $31 million Johnathon Arndt necklace, featuring 381 carats of oval, pear, marquise and round brilliant white diamonds, according to a news release.
During the 2013 Grammy Awards, InStyle and Facebook again joined forces to activate the “InStyle & Facebook Red Carpet Talk Meter” to capture and analyze data to reveal the night’s most buzzed about fashion and beauty. Throughout the evening, InStyle editors identified the top looks and trends, while Facebook analyzed global style chatter to generate results for the Red Carpet Talk Meter. Here’s how Carrie and Miranda ranked on some of the Talk Meter lists:
MOST BUZZED ABOUT RED CARPET LOOKS & THE STARS WHO ROCKED THEM!
1. Katy Perry, Gucci
2. Rihanna, Azzedine Alaia
3. Kelly Rowland, Georges Chakra
4. Beyonce, Osman
5. Jennifer Lopez, Anthony Vaccarello
6. Adele, Valentino
7. Taylor Swift, J. Mendel
8. Florence Welch, Givenchy
9. Carrie Underwood, Roberto Cavalli
10. Miranda Lambert, Roberto Cavalli
1. Justin Timberlake,Tom Ford
2. Nas, Brioni
3. Adam Levine, Lanvin
4. Miguel, Lanvin
5. Chris Brown, Lanvin
6. Tim McGraw, Tom Ford
7. Drake, Saint Laurent Paris
8. LL Cool J, Giorgio Armani
9. Ed Sheeran, Burberry
10. Rick Ross, Tom Ford
BEST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT
In a poll of individuals on Facebook, men and women agreed – Rihanna was the best dressed.
MOST BUZZED ABOUT PERFORMANCE LOOKS
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15849OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15499Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10070'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9359Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8965Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8555Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7639Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7596Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7433Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7053Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients