Two country music superstars with Oklahoma ties – Checotah native Carrie Underwood and Tishomingo resident Miranda Lambert – generated great buzz with their red carpet looks at Sunday’s 55th Annual Grammy Awards. (To read my Grammys live blog, click here.)
Both wore Roberto Cavalli gowns on the red carpet, although Lambert’s with its high leg slit and plunging neckline was in clear violation of CBS’ infamous Grammy memo forbidding revealing clothing. She was hardly the only rule breaker: The Associated Press detailed some of the violators in this photo gallery/feature.
Underwood didn’t need cleavage to draw the eye: She accessorized her red carpet gown with a $31 million Johnathon Arndt necklace, featuring 381 carats of oval, pear, marquise and round brilliant white diamonds, according to a news release.
During the 2013 Grammy Awards, InStyle and Facebook again joined forces to activate the “InStyle & Facebook Red Carpet Talk Meter” to capture and analyze data to reveal the night’s most buzzed about fashion and beauty. Throughout the evening, InStyle editors identified the top looks and trends, while Facebook analyzed global style chatter to generate results for the Red Carpet Talk Meter. Here’s how Carrie and Miranda ranked on some of the Talk Meter lists:
MOST BUZZED ABOUT RED CARPET LOOKS & THE STARS WHO ROCKED THEM!
1. Katy Perry, Gucci
2. Rihanna, Azzedine Alaia
3. Kelly Rowland, Georges Chakra
4. Beyonce, Osman
5. Jennifer Lopez, Anthony Vaccarello
6. Adele, Valentino
7. Taylor Swift, J. Mendel
8. Florence Welch, Givenchy
9. Carrie Underwood, Roberto Cavalli
10. Miranda Lambert, Roberto Cavalli
1. Justin Timberlake,Tom Ford
2. Nas, Brioni
3. Adam Levine, Lanvin
4. Miguel, Lanvin
5. Chris Brown, Lanvin
6. Tim McGraw, Tom Ford
7. Drake, Saint Laurent Paris
8. LL Cool J, Giorgio Armani
9. Ed Sheeran, Burberry
10. Rick Ross, Tom Ford
BEST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT
In a poll of individuals on Facebook, men and women agreed – Rihanna was the best dressed.
MOST BUZZED ABOUT PERFORMANCE LOOKS
1. Carrie Underwood in a custom illuminated Theia ball gown, inspired by the Freedom Tower in NYC. Check out photos and videos of Underwood’s projection gown, click here.
2. Fun. in traditional fitted shirts and cropped pants, which were doused with a mid-performance rain shower.
3. Alicia Keys in a black sheath with sheer panels for her performance with Adam Levine.
4. Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford for his first Grammy performance in six years.
5. Rihanna in a sparkling gold two-piece by Luciano Soprani, paid tribute to Bob Marley with Sting, Bruno Mars, and Ziggy Marley.
6. Taylor Swift in an all-white circus-themed costume, ripping off her skirt to reveal short shorts, as she opened the Grammys.
7. Jack White in a head-to-toe look adorned with sequins and rhinestones performed two songs from his current album.
8. Miguel and Wiz Khalifa in coordinating black and white blazers for their performance of “Adorn.”
9. Kelly Clarkson in a black velvet Oday Shakar dress with a wide glitter belt, paid tribute to Patti Page and Carole King.
10. Rihanna in a fitted black column gown by Alaia performed “Stay” with Mikky Ekko .
MOST BUZZED ABOUT JEWELRY
1. Adele: Posie-shaped opal earrings with ruby petals by Cartier.
2. Carrie Underwood: A $31 million Johnathon Arndt necklace, featuring 381 Carats of oval, pear, marquise and round brilliant white diamonds.
3. Kelly Clarkson: Turquoise and blue sapphire statement earrings
4. Rihanna: A twisted, bejeweled bracelet by Neil Lane, and diamond rings on nearly every finger.
5. Beyonce: Two Lorraine Schwartz geometric cuffs filled with black and white diamonds.