John Lennon Educational Bus to visit UCO and ACM@UCO campuses for tours and more
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus will roll into the Oklahoma City metro Monday-Feb. 22 for a series of activities at the University of Central Oklahoma’s Edmond campus and the university’s Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM@UCO) in Bricktown.
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is a state-of-the-art mobile audio and HD video recording and production facility. The bus is designed to provide students, their schools and communities with performances, tours, studio sessions, recordings and other educational opportunities, according to a news release.
The bus will be open to the public for tours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at Broncho Lake, just to the north of the Nigh University Center, on the UCO main campus in Edmond; and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursday at the ACM@UCO in the parking lot north of the building off Sheridan and Oklahoma Avenue.
On Monday and Tuesday, ACM@UCO students will work with the engineers on board the bus to record a version of “Happy Birthday” for Yoko Ono, Lennon’s widow, whose 80th birthday coincides with the visit. Students along with members of The Flaming Lips and Richard Fortus, guitarist for Guns N’ Roses, who will be in town for an ACM@UCO master class, will contribute sound snippets of what “peace” sounds like to them for John Lennon Educations Tour Bus project.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients