Tom Wopat to perform two concerts Saturday as part of UCO's Broadway Tonight Series
The University of Central Oklahoma’s Broadway Tonight Series will present Tony Award-nominated actor Tom Wopat in two concerts at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m., Feb. 16 at the UCO Jazz Lab, 100 E. Fifth Street in Edmond.
Wopat is most widely known for his role as “Luke Duke” in the 1980s hit television series “The Dukes of Hazzard.” However, he also is well known for his strong baritone voice and high visibility Broadway roles in musicals including “Annie Get Your Gun” and “Catered Affair.” He received Tony Award nominations for both performances.
“Audiences will definitely remember Tom Wopat as one of the rowdy ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ boys, but he is so much more than that,” said Greg White, director/producer of UCO’s Broadway Tonight series in a news release.
“Mr. Wopat has been Broadway’s leading man for the past 20 years.”
Wopat will perform selections from his new CD titled “I’ve Got Your Number,” released Tuesday.
During his visit, he will lead a musical theater master class for UCO musical theater students.
“Mr. Wopat will bring a wealth of knowledge about his craft to Central. I can’t wait for him to share his experience with our community,” White said in the release.
For more information, go to www.uco.edu/cfad/events.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients