"Hunger Games: Catching Fire" "Victory Tour" posters revealed
Two new posters for the hotly anticipated sequel “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” have been unveiled. Beautifully stylized and more than a little ominous, they aren’t your typical movie posters, as they advertise the “Victory Tour” that District 12 heroes Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) must go on at the start of the second novel.
Based on Suzanne Collins’ best-selling young-adult dystopian book series, “The Hunger Games” saga takes place in a bleak, not-too-distant future in which North American society has collapsed and been replaced by Panem, in which every year two teenagers from each of the country’s 12 districts are summoned to the corrupt Capitol to participate in the deadly Hunger Games, a spectacle televised throughout the land.
Much of “Catching Fire” is devoted to the special 75th annual Hunger Games, also known as the Quarter Quell, which take place after the tense “Victory Tour.”
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” opens in theaters on Nov. 22.
Along with “Catching Fire,” Lionsgate is planning to release two more movies based on Collins’ trilogy: “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1″ is set for Nov. 21, 2014, release; with “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2″ following on Nov. 20, 2015.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients