Kristin Chenoweth named godmother of Royal Caribbean International's new ship Quantum of the Seas
Emmy and Tony award-winning singer/actress Kristin Chenoweth, who hail from Broken Arrow, is adding yet another accolade to her impressive resume: godmother to Royal Caribbean International’s much anticipated new cruise ship, Quantum of the Seas.
The cruise line announced the appointment, which is steeped in maritime tradition, in an unconventional way during a red carpet-inspired commercial that aired during ABC television network’s broadcast of the Oscars.
Chenoweth co-hosted the official Oscars Red Carpet Pre-show and joined Academy Awards host Seth MacFarlane to close the telecast with a big musical number. To see photos and video of their Oscars-closing performance, click here.
Exemplifying what it means to be a leading lady both onstage and off, Chenoweth was chosen for her effervescent personality and ability to wow audiences, according to a news release. Her versatile range of roles made her a natural fit, given that Quantum of the Seas, set to debut in fall 2014, is poised to introduce unprecedented experiences and amenities only attainable on Royal Caribbean International.
Historically an honor reserved for heads of state, politicians and celebrities, godmothers not only break a bottle to christen a ship, but also serve as guiding spirits to its guests and crew. Royal Caribbean looks to capture the essence of the role by choosing women whose life lessons and achievements illustrate the kind of courage, dedication and determination that are an inspiration to all.
“Kristin’s effortless grace and dynamic performances align perfectly with our newest class of ships and we could not be more honored to have her represent Quantum of the Seas,” said Richard D. Fain, chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., in the release. “Working with such a remarkable and versatile woman for one of maritime’s longest standing traditions is an exciting experience.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6838Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6723Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5826How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients