Wednesday Video Spotlight: "The Sound of Peace" by Flaming Lips' Steven Drozd and the students of ACM@UCO
As previously reported, the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus rolled into the Oklahoma City metro last week for a series of activities at the University of Central Oklahoma’s Edmond campus and the university’s Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM@UCO) in Bricktown.
Since 1998, the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus has provided free, hands-on programs to millions of young people throughout the U.S. and Canada. Working together with educators and some of the biggest names in music, the Lennon Bus encourages students to play music, write songs, shoot digital photos, engineer recording sessions and produce video projects using the latest audio, video, still camera and live sound equipment.
In honor of the 80th birthday of Yoko Ono, Lennon’s widow, The Flaming Lips multi-instrumentalist Steven Drozd, ACM@UCO students and local folks, created the otherworldly song “The Sound of Peace” and its equally psychedelic video:
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients