Video: Cellist Zuill Bailey performing Saturday with Oklahoma City Philharmonic
Zuill Bailey, a cellist who holds degrees from the Peabody Conservatory and the Juilliard School, will give his debut performance with the Oklahoma City Philharmonic at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker.
Titled “Force of Destiny,” it will be the first OKC Philharmonic classics concert to
“It’s like champagne or crystal — beautiful and simple,” Bailey told The Oklahoman Fine Arts Editor Rick Rogers.
“The ear accepts it immediately. Whether you’re a listener or a performer, it just feels right. I think of it as a festive celebration piece.”
To read more of Rick’s interview with the cellist, click here.
In addition to Haydn’s “Cello Concerto in C Major,” Oklahoma City Philharmonic music director Joel Levine has programmed Verdi’s 1862 overture to “La Forza del Destino” and Brahms’ “Symphony No. 1 in C Minor” of 1876.
For more information, go to www.okcphilharmonic.org.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients