Samantha Crain listed as one of Rolling Stones' 20 Must-See Acts of South by Southwest
Shawnee singer-songwriter Samantha Crain has been named one of Rolling Stone’s 20 Must-See Acts at Austin, Texas’ South by Southwest festival 2013.
Iggy and the Stooges, Vampire Weekend, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and former Dixie Chick Natalie Maines also made the list, so Crain is in good company.
The Oklahoma native is playing at midnight Wednesday at the Buffalo Lounge, Oklahoma’s official SXSW showcase, on the rooftop of The 512, 408 E 6. She also will play at the Heartbreaker Banquet at 2:15 p.m.Thursday at Willie Nelson’s Luck, Texas, ranch and at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Thirty Tigers Showcase at Bungalow, 92 Rainey Street.
Crain, 26, released last month her third LP, “Kid Face.” To read my review, click here.
To read my excellent colleague Adam Kemp’s coverage of Monday’s opening day of the Buffalo Lounge at SXSW, click here.
To read a full list of Oklahoma musicians playing at SXSW, courtesy OklahomaRock.com, click here.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients