39 Steps Just Steps Away at the Pollard
What do you get when you mix murder, spies, and a bit of Monty Python together? The next production in the Pollard Theater’s 26th season “Choices”. The 39 Steps has all the above and more, as a cast of 4 actors play nearly 100 roles.
Hours of rehearsal and technical preparation have gone into telling this story of an ordinary man, Richard Hannay played by Pollard favorite, Timothy Stewart, having an extraordinary adventure. In this madcap tale, Hannay is surrounded by murderers, spies, love interests, and much more. Gwendolyn Evans, Jared Blount, and Josh McGowen complete the cast and will keep audiences amused and guessing as to what will happen next.
W. Jerome Stevenson, the Artistic Director for the Pollard, wanted to bring this story to the Pollard primarily for simple reasons: it is a fun mystery, a great fit for our theater and perfect for the month of October. However, his reasoning goes far beyond the fun aspect as he strives to have theater patrons grow and change through the theatrical experience. He likens The 39 Steps to Acting 101. “The show calls for minimal settings so the actors will be working to bring the audience into the play using characterizations and imagination. The actors bring weight, reality, and life to the story they are telling.” explains Stevenson.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 40139Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13141Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12793New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 9982UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 8099Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 7523Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7421Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 6832Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6583Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5521Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients