Sundrop Fuels planning biofuels plant in Louisiana
Sundrop Fuels Inc. is teaming up with technology and engineering supplier ThyssenKrupp Uhde to open the first commercial “green gasoline” plant in the United States.
“Sundrop Fuels’ partnership with ThyssenKrupp Uhde accelerates our ability to contribute to the nation’s renewable fuels goals while moving toward mass-scale green gasoline factories that will improve the environment, create jobs and further our nation’s energy independence,” CEO Wayne Simmons said. “This effort represents the best possible use of today’s technology and natural resources to meet tomorrow’s growing need for affordable, cleanly produced transportation fuel.”
The plant will be designed by more than 70 engineers from the two companies, with plans to start construction late this year. It will use Sundrop’s proprietary biomass conversion technologies to convert forest residue and thinnings with natural gas into “green gasoline.”
The plant, which will be built near Alexandria, La., will be able to produce up to 50 million gallons of renewable gasoline each year.
Sundrop has gotten significant backing from Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Energy Corp., which invested $155 million in the company last year.
Chesapeake announced the formation of a $1 billion venture capital fund in July to boost demand for natural gas in transportation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients