Wind power association ramps up effort to renew tax credit
Worried that its renewal could be lost in the shuffle in congressional negotiations over the so-called “fiscal cliff” package of spending cuts and tax increases, the American Wind Energy Association has released a new video explaining the importance of the production tax credit to the wind industry.
You can check out the video below:
The association last week released a new analysis that called for the renewal of the 2.2 cent per kilowatt hour tax credit with its eventual phaseout by 2019. That study was among the last actions by outgoing CEO Denise Bode, a former Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner. Bode, who has been with AWEA for four years, said she will leave the association Jan. 1 to return to private practice as a tax attorney. Rob Gramlich, AWEA’s senior vice president for public policy, will be interim CEO as the association searches for a new CEO.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients