1. Kansas (3-7, lost to Nebraska 20-3): After a one-week reprieve, Kansas finds itself and its once-again anemic offense back atop the poll.
2. Texas (4-6, lost to Oklahoma State 33-16): The Longhorns are who we thought they were!
3. Colorado (4-6, beat Iowa State 34-14): What’s that saying about the sun shining on a dog’s behind every once in a while? On Saturday, it was Colorado’s backside.
4. Iowa State (5-6, lost to Colorado 34-14): Iowa State was this close to reaching bowl eligibility, but after slipping up against the woeful Buffaloes, the Cyclones are looking at another quiet December.
5. Texas Tech (5-5, lost to Oklahoma 45-7): Texas Tech wraps up an uninspired 3-5 conference record. The Red Raiders will almost undoubtedly go bowling, but will anyone really care?
6. Kansas State (6-4, lost to Missouri 38-28): Kansas State is the conference’s true middle-of-the-road team this year. The Wildcats have beaten the league’s rum-dums, but failed to get it done against the upper crust.
7. Baylor (7-4, lost to Texas A&M 42-30): The Back-Down-To-Earth Bears will now try to beat Oklahoma to stop would could become a three-game losing streak.
8. Missouri (8-2, beat Kansas State 38-28): Missouri’s loss to an erratic Texas Tech team is really puzzling now.
9. Texas A&M (7-3, beat Baylor 42-30): A&M is on a roll and must be kicking itself when it looks back at the Stillwater turnover-fest.
10. Oklahoma (8-2, beat Texas Tech 45-7): Home OU looked good on Saturday, but now will take the rest of the year off and watch to see how Road OU does.
11. Oklahoma State (9-1, beat Texas 33-16): OK, I’m convinced. This OSU team is pretty good. All three phases are clicking. OSU fans — time to hop on the train. You won’t know what station you’ll get off at, but it’s time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
12. Nebraska (9-1, beat Kansas 20-3): Nebraska continues it’s trend of posting less-than-inspiring performances at home (except the Missouri game), but keeps the train rolling toward Jerry World.
Officially Licensed Sports Gear! Shop 1000's of NFL Team Products.