The bill, which would allow the state’s licensed brewers to offer on-premise samples, this morning passed through the Senate Business and Finance Committee by a vote of 6-1, Marshall Brewing Co.’s Wes Alexander reports.
The bill now will come up in front of the Senate’s scheduling committee so that it can be slotted for a hearing by the full Senate. If approved by the Senate, it would go on the governor for approval.
A little less than two months remain in this year’s legislative session, so it may be a few weeks before we hear about the bill again.
Marshall Brewing, the bill’s primary backers, encourage supporters to contact their state senator. A searchable database of the state’s legislative leaders can be found right here.
-Spring and summer beers are flooding into the state this week. Here’s a sampling of what several stores are reporting in stock:
1. Troubadour Magma Belgian-Style IPA-Triple
2. Petrus Aged Red
3. Blanche de Namur Belgian Wit
4. Green Flash Rayon Vert Belgian-Style Pale Ale
5. Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer
6. Sam Adams Beers of Summer 12-pack mixer
7. Sam Adams Longshot American Homebrew Contest 6-pack
8. Goose Island Honkers Ale
9. Point Nude Beach Summer Wheat
10. Shipyard Summer Ale
11. Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale
12. Kronenburg 1664 Blanc
13. Czechvar Premium Dark Lager
14. Baltika 8 Wheat Ale
15. Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager
16. Widmer Bros. Columbia Common Spring Ale
17. Shiner Ruby Redbird
18. Sierra Nevada Summerfest
19. Anchor Summer Beer
-The second of three Goose Island pint nights at TapWerks is set for today. Tonight’s offering is Honkers Ale.
-Speaking of TapWerks, just saw on the Twitter that the pub got 15 kegs of the latest Prairie Artisan Ales offerings. Expect to see them on tap soon.
-The monthly beer special for McNellie’s OKC is Shiner Premium for $3.