My Internship Playlist
I don’t know about you, but I get really bored really easily. So I make playlists to get me through the boring parts of my day. Don’t get me wrong, I love journalism and the satisfaction of putting out a good story. But when you’re sitting at a desk for 30 minutes waiting for that one email that is keeping you from doing your job, you start to go a little crazy. These are some of the songs I have been listening to lately. There are a few older ones (and by old I mean 2011) and a few newer ones but they keep me sane and make me dance (not literally, I haven’t made myself that comfortable in the office yet).
1. Holiday by Miami Horror
For a band called Miami Horror, there’s really nothing scary about them. This track gets me out of bed in the morning.
2. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains [Damien Taylor Remix]) by Arcade Fire
Sometimes I honestly think that a remix is better than the original. This is one of those times.
3. A Little Too Young by Sunday Lane (She’s an Oklahoma Native)
She’s one of my favorite artists to come from Oklahoma.
4. Heaven by Emeli Sande
I would literally marry her voice. Unfortunately, that’s not legal yet.
5. Shuffle by Bombay Bicycle Club
Try not dancing when listening to this song. I dare you.
6. Amor Fati by Washed Out
This is one of the best songs to work to on a rainy day, and we’ve had plenty of those lately.
7. I Belong in Your Arms by Chairlift
Chairlift is stuck in the 1980s and I love every minute of it.
8. Hang With Me by Robyn
This song continues to be my favorite pop song.
9. 1901 by Phoenix
This song never gets old. Ever. I’ve been obsessed with it for a year now.
10. L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. by Noah and the Whale
This is just a song hipsters and mainstream music lovers both seem to love a lot.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients