Journalism, Popcorn and Barbara Walters
Before I ever dreamed about going back to college to pursue a degree in journalism, I worked in hospitality and food management for several years in New York City. From 2004 to 2006, one of those stops included working as a general manager for a popcorn company in the heart of Times Square and on the upper west side of Manhattan.
That company is called “Popcorn Indiana”. Today, Popcorn Indiana can be found in a variety of grocery and drug stores. The company is known for two things: its signature chocolate caramel gourmet popcorn and that legendary former NBA point-guard, former Knicks general manager — and anti-Sam Presti — Isiah Thomas owns a stake in the company.
Working in the heart of Times Square, you witness a lot of shenanigans on a day-in-day-out basis. If I shared a lot of these stories with NewsOK intern blog readers, you would never want to eat at any sort of quick-service food establishment again and I could possibly be sued for libel.
The only story I can share is that I was forced out of my office on my birthday by Barbara Walters’ assistant so the famous TV personality could change her outfit.
Barbara Walters’ father was having a street named for him on 48th and Broadway that day. I was in my office, talking to a co-worker about her stint working in the marketing department for Marvel Comics, when the door swung open. A woman with glasses exclaimed, “You need need to leave now!”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients