President Bush Sings (Kind Of)
Photo by Kristy Khachigian
President Bush serenaded members of the Washington press corps Saturday night at the annual dinner of the Gridiron Club, made up of journalists.
It was a surprise to most of the members of the club and the 600 or so guests when the president, wearing a western hat, took the stage at the end of the evening — which is spent mostly with club members singing silly songs about politicians.
Instead of speaking at the head table and telling a few jokes, which is what the president usually does, President Bush took the stage to sing his own silly song. It was, in essence, a farewell, to the tune of the old song “Green, Green Grass of Home.”
Bush, from Texas, adapted it to a color we from the Southwest can all understand — the “brown, brown grass of home.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients