For years, the annual barbeque in Muskogee hosted by the late Oklahoma Congressman Mike Synar was one of the state’s big political gatherings.
Next week, Rep. Dan Boren, D-Muskogee, will be holding his own political cook-out in the northeastern Oklahoma town.
Boren is hosting a barbeque on May 30 at the Muskogee Civic Center where House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, of Maryland, former Gov. George Nigh, Lt. Gov. Jari Askins and Okahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson will be guests.
Doors open at 6 p.m. and admission is $10 per person. There’s live music to go with the food and speeches.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients