More on Passports
Members of the Oklahoma congressional delegation have been dealing with hundreds of constituents whose passport applications have been delayed by the backlog created by new requirements for traveling by air to Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Jim Luetkemeyer, press secretary for Rep. Frank Lucas, passed on this information, which may help some people, though caution is urged.
A member of Lucas’ staff attended a conference recently in San Diego, where the passport issue came up, and she learned that people whose passports have been delayed can board flights if they have documentation (such as a receipt for a passport fee) showing they tried to obtain a passport.
Luetkemeyer provided a link to a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol web page that seems to confirm that. It says in part:
“Although the requirement is now in effect for all international air travelers to have a passport for travel into and out of the U.S., we are aware that some travelers have not been able to obtain passports because of delayed processing times in both Canada and the U.S. CBP has informed airlines that travelers with sufficient documentation to provide evidence of a good faith effort to obtain a passport in a timely fashion, (i.e. a receipt from an issuing agency) can be brought to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda, where we will determine their admissibility on a case by case basis.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients