West is not the best (entrance)
If you’re coming to the Capitol, avoid the west parking lot.
The west entrance – usually open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and the best access for the handicapped - is closed as construction is ongoing on the west parking lot.
The southeast entrance now is open 24 hours a day, and is handicapped accessible.
Visitors also may use the east and north entrances during regular business hours.
Construction on the west parking lot is expected to be finished by Nov. 1. When the work is done, the west entrance once again will be open all hours and will be handicapped accessible.
Just a reminder that everyone entering the Capitol will go through a security checkpoint. Everyone who enters the Capitol is required to put items they bring in through X-ray machines and walk through a metal detector device. Troopers and security officers staff each entrance.
Michael McNutt, Capitol Bureau
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients