McCain's Grandpa in Muskogee
The Washington Post has an interesting story this morning about Sen. John McCain’s maternal grandfather’s time in Muskogee around statehood. The story documents some scrapes the “gambler and bootlegger” had with the law and says he left the town “a wealthy wildcatter who owned some of the most valuable property in the region.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients