Day Two: Waiting for Hillary
Oklahoma delegates to the Democratic National Convention pose this morning with their friends and family members (and some seemingly random kids on the floor _ I don’t think they belong here) at the Embassy Suites in Denver. Delegates from Nebraska are also staying at this hotel and, so far, not one fight has broken out _ and I haven’t even heard anyone say Boomer Sooner to the Nebraska folks (though I’ve been tempted).
This morning, the delegates heard from California Congressman Mike Honda, who kissed a baby and opened his talk with an off-color joke. Probably a few double takes in the room after that one. Honda is scheduled to address the convention today, though not in prime time, and if he repeats that joke, he’s going to get yanked off the podium. These conventions are well-scripted.
Haven’t seen much of either Gov. Brad Henry or Congressman Dan Boren since arriving here Saturday. Did see Henry briefly last night after Michelle Obama’s speech, but, as you can see, he didn’t make the group photo.
Tonight’s story is Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who will be the last speaker of the evening (look for her about 9:30 central time). You may remember the former first lady battled Sen. Barack Obama to the bitter end of the primary season in June. And some of her delegates haven’t gotten to the acceptance part of the grief process.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients