OK Dems Get Around
Since the Democratic convention began, a couple of the Oklahomans, delegate Joe Carter and longtime fundraiser Mike Turpen, have been Zelig-like _ popping up everywhere, sometimes with famous people. And they’re armed with cell phone cameras.
Here’s Joe Carter, of Norman, with the Rev. Al Sharpton:
Carter wrote his own caption for this one: The reverend and the redneck make peace after the nomination of Barack.
A footnote: I actually saw Sharpton outside the Pepsi Center and thought of taking a picture of him but didn’t know exactly what I’d use it for. Get an Oklahoma delegate in there, though, and I know just what to do with it: Blog.
And here is Carter, sans hat (and he looks really different without it) with Gov. Brad Henry inside the Pepsi Center. It may look like a female Grateful Dead fan from the 60s slipped in behind them, but that’s actually Johanna Best, a delegate from Oklahoma City.
Meanwhile, Turpen, who has raised big dough for the Clintons through the years , has been hanging out with them all week. Or else he’s conning his way into meetings they’re attending and badgering them to take pictures with him.
Definitely looks like Turpen took this one with the former president himself.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients