Hillary Promotes Rice
State Sen. Andrew Rice’s latest telethon-like plea for funds (Just another $15,000 to reach our goal!) includes a link to a message recorded for him by Sen. Hillary Clinton.
Rice, an Oklahoma City Democrat, is running against Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa.
What a difference six years makes! Or maybe it’s just a different type of candidate, but, in 2002, former Oklahoma Congressman Brad Carson, a Democrat, wouldn’t accept a campaign donation from Clinton’s political action committee.
“Senator Clinton is loved in many areas and very controversial in others. Given that sharp divide in opinion, I felt it best to not accept campaign contribution from her leadership PAC,” Carson said then.
Earlier this year, Clinton, of New York, won every single congressional district in Oklahoma in the Democratic presidential primary.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24306Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16772Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 13014OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9203Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7183UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6836Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5733Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5357Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 5226Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients