Inhofe Against Bernake, Coburn Yet to Announce
The Senate may vote later this week on whether to give Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernake another term. U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa, plans to vote against him. Jared Young, Inhofe’s press secretary, said the senator sees Bernake as one of the architects of the 2008 bail-out of Wall Street. Inhofe voted against that bail-out and considers it one of the worst mistakes Congress has ever made.
Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee, voted for the bail-out but has not announced how he will vote on Bernake. Coburn is expected to meet with Bernake this week and announce a decision after that personal talk.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients