El Reno considering ban on aerosol containers to minors
At a later date, El Reno City Council members will take another look at a proposed ordinance that would have prohibited individuals younger than 18 from possessing aerosol spray containers.
City staff on Tuesday requested the item be tabled so they can have more time to review the proposal to make sure it’ll be effective, Deputy City Clerk Lindsey Grigg said.
The proposed ordinance would have prohibited individuals younger than 18 from purchasing aerosol containers or possessing them on private or public property unless they are accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, employer, teacher or property owner.
The ordinance stems from an increase in graffiti incidents throughout the city, including restrooms that were spray painted at Adams Park.
IN OTHER BUSINESS
City council members approved awarding a $95,834 bid to Meyer Pump Service to drill three water wells. The money will come from the city’s emergency disaster fund.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients