USDA Official to Visit Oklahoma on Thursday
Kathleen Merrigan, deputy secretary at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is scheduled to make a national funding announcement in Kingfisher on Thursday morning and talk about the administration’s economic development efforts in rural America.
Merrigan will make the announcement at the Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, which has received stimulus funding to expand broadband Internet service.
Kingfisher is in the district of Rep. Frank Lucas, R-Cheyenne, who has been harshly critical of the administration’s policies in regard to farm programs and rural development.
In the afternoon, Merrigan is having lunch with the students at Will Rogers Elementary School in Shawnee, where she’ll talk about the administration’s drive to improve child nutrition and reduce obesity.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients