Edmond cyclists to ride on Friday
Edmond students and working folk will be participating in the fifth annual Bike to Work Day Friday.
The day is a celebration of bicycling as a healthy and fun form of transportation. The event is being held across the metro area. In Edmond, the event is being sponsored by the Edmond Bicycle Committee and Bike Edmond.
A group bike ride will start at 8 a.m. Friday at the University of Central Oklahoma Wellness Center parking lot off University Drive. It will end at OU Medical Center Edmond on Bryant Avenue. Refreshments and door prizes will be available at the hospital.
Several local League of American Bicyclist Cycling instructors have been working with Edmond Memorial High School on a pilot event to encourage the youth to ride their bikes to school.
There will be group bike rides led by experienced bicyclists traveling from Stephenson, Hafer and Bickham-Rudkin parks starting at 7 a.m.
All Bike to Work events will be cancelled if it rains.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients