Funeral services set for Bellmon
Funeral services for former Gov. Henry Bellmon have been scheduled. Bellmon died Tuesday morning from complications from Parkinson’s disease. He was 88.
Bellmon was Oklahoma’s first Republican governor and credited for the rise of the Republican party in Oklahoma.
Bellmon’s body will lie in repose at the state Capitol from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.
A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 1001 S Rankin in Edmond, and a service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 422 Eight St., Perry.
For more on Bellmon, check out stories, photos and videos on newsok.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19478Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17081OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14402Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9893Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9505Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7874Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7743Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6156Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5570Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients