Governor to go bowling
Gov. Brad Henry says he is going to the Cotton Bowl to watch Oklahoma State University but is undecided about going to see his alma mater play next week in the Sun Bowl.
“We’re definitely going to the Cotton Bowl, but because of the holidays and family (being) home we don’t know if we’re going to be able to make it to both bowls,” said the state’s First Fan. “The Cotton Bowl is easier because it’s a three-hour drive; the Sun Bowl – we’ve got to get some alternative transportation.”
The University of Oklahoma tackles the University of Oregon in the Brut Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. The contest is Dec. 31.
“I’d like to go,” said Henry, who closely follows the OU Sooners and whose two oldest daughters are students at the Norman campus, “but we just haven’t made that decision yet.”
OSU takes on the University of Mississippi in the ATT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. The game is Jan. 2.
- Michael McNutt, Capitol Bureau
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients