Rep. James Lankford Heading to White House Tonight
President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are hosting a reception for freshman House members tonight. As of Monday afternoon, Rep. James Lankford, R-Oklahoma City, was planning to go.
The reception is scheduled the night before Obama is set to give his second State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. It will be Lankford’s first time to sit the House chamber for the nationally-televised event, which has been a thrill for other Oklahoma newcomers, regardless of party affiliation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients