Sen. Tom Coburn: Insider Trading Already Illegal for Members of Congress
Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee, isn’t on board the fast-moving train to prevent members of Congress from using insider information for stock trades. In fact, he said Tuesday that laws against insider trading already cover Congress and that the bill on the Senate floor this week won’t do anything to restore public trust in Congress.
Coburn, sporting his traditional winter beard, offered some amendments to the bill on Tuesday, including one that would simply require a statement from lawmakers and congressional staff that they have not used inside information for private financial gain.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients