Oklahoma City Council election--here comes the money
On Friday, fellow reporter John Estus and I wrote an article regarding campaign financing for the Oklahoma City Council primary election on Tuesday. Check out the comments on that article. There are several people upset not to know where the money comes from. And though I usually don’t voice an opinion on things I write about, I think they are rightly upset.
I thought I could do something to allow people to check out the public documents we used to report our story.
I’ve added a few notes. Let me know if anything strikes you as story worthy and we’ll look into if we get a chance. The DocumentCloud below has the financial paperwork for the candidates posted in the order they will appear on the ballot, followed by the PACs paperwork on file.
Check them out and VOTE TUESDAY.
The Ward 2 candidate forms are first and begin with Charlie Swinton (candidate Sam Tichenor is not included in the group because he has not filed the campaign finance forms). Next are the forms for Ward 5 candidates, incumbent Brian Walters and challenger David Greenwell. Those are followed by Ward 6 candidates Jessica Holstein, incumbent Meg Salyer and Adrian Van Manen. And after those are finance forms for Ward 8 incumbent Patrick Ryan and his challenger, Cliff Hearron. At the end of the packet of documents is the paperwork filed by the three PACs spending money on the election and the incorporation papers filed by A Voice for Responsible Government.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients