ConocoPhillips Responds to Congressional Tax Hike Proposals
ConocoPhillips Chairman and CEO Jim Mulva made this comment Wednesday on congressional proposals to eliminate tax deductions for the five largest oil and gas firms.
“These unprecedented proposed taxes, targeted at only five companies, would have serious effects on our company. We already have the highest effective tax rate among companies in the United States and these proposals unfairly single us out for additional taxes,” said Mulva. “Not only would increased taxes cost jobs, raise consumer prices and shrink government revenue, but they would also hamper our ability to remain competitive and reinvest in jobs, new energy technologies and resources in the United States and internationally.”
Mulva is scheduled to testify Thursday before the Senate Finance Committee.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15849OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15499Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10070'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9359Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8965Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8555Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7639Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7596Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7433Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7053Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients