Coburn weighs in Obama's recess appointment
Speaking at town hall meeting today in Oklahoma City, U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn, offered his thoughts on President Obama’s appointment of Donald Berwick as the head of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
The appointment was made while Senators were on a July 4 break. Normally the appointment would have to be approved the Senate.
“He (President Obama) will never get it through,” said Coburn, who often reminds town hall audiences that he and the President are personal friends. “He won’t make it because he believes in a socialist health care system…We’re not going to put somebody in charge of Medicare that’s for rationing the care of seniors in this country.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.