Lankford and Calvey trading (odd) barbs
Getting a little chippy in the 5th District Republican runoff, though by most measures of negative campaigning, it’s still tame.
Kevin Calvey’s latest television ad seems to belittle James Lankford for running a Baptist youth camp in the same way President Barack Obama was gigged about being a community organizer (Obama apparently did pretty well in the 2008 election despite the ridicule).
Lankford’s new ad revisits the status quo line and, even though he said after the primary that the line wasn’t really aimed at anyone, it seems to be aimed at Calvey, an attorney who served in the state Legislature.
Today, Calvey put out a press release accusing Lankford for allegedly accusing Calvey of political posturing on the Council of American Islamic Relations.
And Lankford posted a Facebook message accusing Calvey of sending out a negative postcard accusing him of being negative.
So, not exactly the most vicious stuff and they’re both still talking about issues, mostly spending.
One week to go.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients