Lankford: $44,900 Reported in Two Days
As Tuesday’s Republican runoff approaches for the 5th District congressional seat, James Lankford and Kevin Calvey are still hitting up donors in the midst of hitting each other.
Lankford filed reports with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday and Friday showing he collected $44,900 in just a few days.
He got $1,000 each from the political action committees for Oklahoma contractors and American Bankers and $2,500 from the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Calvey reported $15,600 in donations in reports filed Thursday and Friday.
Lankford has trailed Calvey in fundraising by a huge margin going back to mid-2009, but, since edging Calvey in the primary on July 27, he has been raising a healthy amount of money that has allowed him to stay on the air and produce new broadcast spots quickly.
Calvey, however, is also getting help from independent expenditures by the political action committee for the Club for Growth.
The donations to Lankford from the bankers’ and doctors’ groups appear to be his first big receipts from national special interest groups.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients