Dem. newcomer files for U.S. House District 1
John Olson, 34, an Army Reservist for the past 15 years filed for U.S. House District 1., so far he is the only Democrat challenger to U.S. Rep. John Sullivan.
Olson said he became interested in politics during the debt ceiling fiasco in Congress when his units training was canceled, pay was delayed and those waiting for deployment were put under additional stress.
“The whole idea of politics interfering with the Army at a time of war, made me decide that something had to change,” Olson said.
He said that with bad news in his district from American Airlines and the U.S. Postal Service, jobs and the economy will become more important than ever.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients