Sen. Tom Adelson, D-Tulsa, won't run again
Sen. Tom Adelson, D-Tulsa, announced officially on Thursday that he won’t seek reelection in November.
“I want to thank my supporters for their encouragement and commitment to improving state government and to making Oklahoma a great place to live and work and raise a family,” Adelson said. “I am so very grateful for the chance to listen and learn about their concerns and ideas to make Oklahoma an even better state.”
Already three Republicans have filed for Senate District 33, but no Democrats have filed yet.
All three candidates are from Broken Arrow: Don P. Little, 67; Nathan Dahm, 29; and Tim Wright, 61.
The district was substantially changed through the last redistricting and no longer encompasses the mid-town area of Tulsa, but now is in south Tulsa and Broken Arrow.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients