U.S. House District 3 now has 5 candidates
Two candidates filed late Friday afternoon for U.S. House District 3 against incumbent Rep. Frank Lucas, R-Cheyenne. There are now five candidates in that race.
Filing on Friday were William Sanders an independent candidate from Stillwater and Frankie Robbins, a Democrat from Medford.
Sanders, 42, served for 12 years with the Oklahoma National Guard as a supply specialist and was discharged last year.
He said he is unhappy with the partisan bickering and gridlock.
“As a superpower we shouldn’t be in the bottom tier of anything,” Sanders said. “The alternative is just to sit at home and yell and scream, but that won’t accomplish much.”
Robbins, 66, is a retired civil engineer who worked for the U.S. Forest Service.
“I came back to give back and make a difference,” Robbins said. “I hope I can make a difference by adding a civil discourse and common sense discussion of the issues.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26512Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17561Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8879OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8492Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8412UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7605Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6228Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5649Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4993Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients