Where are the Republicans in the 2nd Congressional District?
The six candidates running for the Republican nomination to replace Rep. Dan Boren in Congress have been all over the sprawling 2nd District that runs from the northeastern part of Oklahoma to the southeastern border looking for people who can vote for them. There are not a lot in some of the southern counties in the Little Dixie area known for yellow dog Democrats.
Of the 26 counties in the district, there is only one in which registered Republicans outnumber Democrats _ Rogers County, in the northern part of the district. Claremore is in Rogers County, which has about 20,600 Republicans.
No other county in the 2nd has even 10,000 registered Republicans.
Nearly half of all the 2nd’s registered Republicans can be found in five counties in the northern part of the district _ Rogers, Muskogee, Mayes, Delaware and Cherokee.
So results there could go a long way toward determining the winner _ and runner-up _ in Tuesday’s primary.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients