Sens. Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Rep. Tom Cole on VP Pick of Rep. Paul Ryan
Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa: “I congratulate Mitt Romney on his excellent Vice Presidential selection of Paul Ryan. Ryan is a solid conservative who has shown incredible leadership on some of the biggest issues of the day. The Romney-Ryan ticket will bring solutions to our country’s fiscal problems while restoring America’s economic strength. Incidentally, he has family ties to our state since his wife is from Oklahoma.”
Rep. Tom Cole, R-Moore, who serves with Ryan on the House Budget Committee, said:
“Paul Ryan is a solid conservative whose expertise and thoughtful leadership as chairman of the Budget Committee has helped change the spending status quo in Congress. As a young congressman, Paul has shown more leadership and political courage on economic issues than has the president of the United States.
“Ryan’s selection says a lot about Mitt Romney. Paul is a bold and brilliant choice. His selection sharpens the distinctions between the parties, excites conservatives and gives the country the debate it needs and craves. The fact that Mitt Romney has chosen Paul Ryan tells America that the governor is willing to lead with vision, courage and decisiveness. Those are the qualities that the country needs at this critical juncture in its history.”
Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee:
“Governor Romney has made an outstanding selection. He has sent a clear signal that he intends to win not just a political victory but a mandate to restore America. The Romney-Ryan ‘comeback team’ understands our debt is the greatest threat to our national security and will act decisively to meet that generational challenge.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients