Gov. Mary Fallin to Speak in Prime Time Tuesday at Republican National Convention
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has been given a speaking slot on Tuesday at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, FL.
In a message sent from her campaign account, the governor said she will talk about Oklahoma’s success.
“My message will be simple: the U.S. must focus on policies that allow hardworking families and businesses _ not government bureaucracies _ to thrive.
“In Oklahoma, we’ve pursued policies that set the stage for success and job growth in the private sector. We’re not interested in more government handouts. The results of our pro-jobs agenda speak for themselves.
“We are currently experiencing:
“An unemployment rate of only 4.9%, the lowest in the country for any state with a population of 2 million people
“The addition of 47,000 new jobs, ranking Oklahoma #1 in the nation for manufacturing jobs created, and #3 overall
“The growth and restoration of our Rainy Day Savings Account that has increased from under $3.00 in 2011 to over $577 million today.”
Fallin spokesman Alex Weintz said the governor’s speaking slot is expected to be about 7:50 p.m. central time on Tuesday.
He said she would talk about Oklahoma’s economic prosperity resulting from the hard work of people in energy and other fields.
The convention officially begins Monday night and will end Thursday with a speech by presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
Fallin will be speaking on the same night as several other GOP governors. Here is the schedule for that night:
7:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Presentation of Colors
Pledge of Allegiance
National Anthem sung by Philip Alongi
Remarks by Janine Turner
Video and remarks by Mayor Mia Love (Saratoga Springs, UT), U.S. congressional candidate
Remarks by former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum
Segment to be announced
Remarks by U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte (NH), accompanied by Jack Gilchrist
Remarks by Governor John Kasich (OH)
Remarks by Governor Mary Fallin (OK)
Remarks by Governor Bob McDonnell (VA), accompanied by Bev Gray
Remarks by Governor Scott Walker (WI)
Segment to be announced
Remarks by Governor Bobby Jindal (LA)
Remarks by Sher Valenzuela (small business owner, candidate for DE Lt. Governor)
Remarks by Governor Susana Martinez (NM)
Remarks by Governor Chris Christie (NJ)
Benediction and adjournment
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients